- Support Services Division
- Fayette County Sheriff's Office Hiring Process
Fayette County Sheriff's Office Hiring Process
Join the team at the Fayette County Sheriff’s Office.
The Fayette County Sheriff’s Office seeks individuals who are career-oriented with a desire to serve our community through law enforcement services. We are a pro-active Office which offers a wide array of services to our citizens. To perform the Fayette County Sheriff’s Office mission requires that current employees be available for duty at a moment’s notice. All prospective employees should be prepared and available for shift work, as well as weekend duty.
We are currently accepting applications for Deputy Sheriff (PDF) Detention Officers (PDF)
Starting Base Salaries:
Deputy Sheriff (POST Certified) $50,117.48 / annually. ($22.41 / hourly)
Detention Officer (Entry-Level) $45,403.95 / annually. ($20.30 / hourly) (Continuous Recruitment)
We believe that our hiring process helps ensure that we select the best-qualified applicants to work toward the goals of our Office. This process includes but is not limited to the following:
- Complete and submit an application
- Pass or exempt an Aptitude Test
- Deputy Sheriff and Detention Officer Applicants may exempt this requirement (PDF)
- Deputy Sheriff and Detention Officer Applicants can exempt from testing by holding an Associate’s or higher degree.
- Detention Officer Applicants may also exempt this requirement by holding a valid Georgia Jail Officer, Correctional Officer, or Juvenile Correctional Officer Certification in good standing with the Georgia Peace Officer Standard and Training Council (POST).
- Complete a Long Questionnaire after passing the Aptitude Test or by Exemption
- Physical Agility Test
- Minimum Requirements
- Push-ups: 20 correct push-ups in sixty seconds
- Sit-ups: 25 sit-ups in sixty seconds
- Step Test: 120 steps onto a twelve-inch platform within five minutes (measures Cardiovascular or aerobic fitness)
- Minimum Requirements
- Pass an extensive background investigation
- Oral interview with the Background Investigator and Division Director
- Truth Verification Exam
- Psychological evaluation
- After the conditional offer, pass a drug screen and physical exam
- Detention Officers are Police Academy Eligible within 12 months (Peace Officer Certification)
The Sheriff’s Office conducts its application and hiring process. Interested applicants may download and submit an Application for Employment (PDF) . You will need to download the application and open it using Adobe to enable the electronic signature and submit. Save and attach your completed PDF Application to Captain Brenna or Deputy Hall, Recruiting and Background Investigations. Relevant email addresses are below. Applications will not be processed unless submitted for a posted vacant position.
Mail, email, fax or bring your completed application to:
Fayette County Sheriff’s Office
155 Johnson Avenue, Building A
Fayetteville, Georgia 30214-2079
Qualified applicants will be notified by email of the date and time for testing. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
If you have any questions relating to our employment process and/or opportunities, please contact either:
Captain Tom W. Brenna, Commander, Support Services Division.
Phone: 770-716-4899 Fax: 770-716-4919
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Deputy Sheriff Amanda Hall, Investigator, Support Services Division
Phone: 770-716-4805 Fax: 770-716-4887
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org