Inmate Bonding Procedures

View information for bonding an arrested person out of the Fayette County Jail. A bond is a contract between the arrested person, surety, and the court. A bond is a guarantee that the arrested person will appear for any and all court appearances connected with the case. A bond is not a fine! If the defendant fails to appear for court, the bond is subject to forfeiture. To post a bond you must be 18 years of age or older with a state issued identification card or drivers license.

Cash Bond

A cash bond can be paid by either cash or a bank issued certified check. A certified check must be verified by a Supervisor before the bond can be approved.

Jail Cellblock

The cash bond amount is also the amount of cash you need to post, i.e. if the bond is $500 then $500, cash must be posted. The Fayette County Jail is only able to accept exact change.

Property Bond

A property bond may be posted by individuals who own property in Fayette County. To post a property bond you must have the original warranty deed (we will not accept copies), a current tax statement, proof of equity and all persons on the deed must be present. In case of the death of a named person on the deed, you must show proof of the death (i.e. certified death certificate). A quit claim deed is only acceptable if accompanied with the original warranty deed. The equity value of the property must be greater by a sum of twice the bond amount to be approved, (i.e. if the bond is $1,000 you must have $2,000 in equity).

In lieu of using personally owned property to post a bond, a Professional Bonding Company may be used for that purpose. These companies charge a fee for their services. Only the following Bonding Companies are authorized to do business in Fayette County:

  • 24/7 Fayette Bonding Phone: 770-460-5572
  • ABC South Bail Bonds Phone: 770-461-2211
  • Anytime Bonding Phone: 770-461-9464
  • Better Bonding Phone: 770-716-9889

Transfer Bond (Out of County Bond)

A transfer bond is an option for individuals who own property outside of Fayette County. To obtain a transfer bond you must go to the Sheriff's Office in the county where the property is located to find out what documents they require to post a property bond. The Sheriff's Office in that county will prepare the bond and place it in a sealed envelope. Return the sealed envelope to the Fayette County Jail where we will complete the bonding process. If the envelope is open or tampered with, our bonding officer will not accept the bond.

Bond Fees

Per Georgia Code 15-16-21, we charge a $20 bond fee (cash only) for every bond we write. This amount is non-refundable.